Assistant Teaching Professor
Mailing Address: Department of Counseling, Box 7406, WFU, Winston-Salem, NC 27109
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty member at Wake Forest University since 2014
- PhD in Counseling, University of North Texas, 2008
- MS in Counseling Psychology, Tarleton State University, 2003
- BA in Speech Communication, Baylor University, 1999
Research and Special Interests:
- Counselor preparation, grief/loss, military mental health, animal-assisted therapy
- Outstanding Research Award, Rho Kappa Chapter, Chi Sigma Iota, 2009
- Outstanding Service to the Chapter, Chi Sigma Iota, 2008
- Leadership in Counselor Education Fellowship, Chi Sigma Iota, 2007
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2008
Professional Service (selected):
- Association for Counselors and Educators in Government; Newsletter Editor (2014-present)
- Texas Counseling Association, Educational Endowment Fund Committee, Member (2011 – 2012; 2006-2007)
- Over ten years of experience providing individual, couples, family, and group counseling with children and adults in agency settings and private practice. Also possess expertise in facilitating equine-assisted psychotherapy. Clinical passions include end of life/grief, relationships, life transitions, and career development. Particular interest in military families/veterans.
Professional Licensure and Memberships (selected):
- Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor (Texas)
- American Counseling Association
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision
- Association for Counselors and Educators in Government
Recent Publications (selected):
- Pease-Carter, C., & Barrio Minton, C.A. (2012). Counseling program informed consent practices: A survey of student preferences. Counselor Education and Supervision. 51(4), 308-319.
- Barrio Minton, C. A., & Pease-Carter, C. (2011). The status of crisis preparation in counselor education: A national study and content analysis. Journal of Professional Counseling: Practice, Theory, and Research, 38(2), 5-17.
Recent Presentations (selected):
- Pease-Carter, C. (2014, January). Maintaining emotional health during transitions. Session presented at the Women Veterans Conference. McLean, VA.
- Pease-Carter, C. (2013, November). Healing the wounds of war: A call to civilian providers. Northern Virginia Licensed Professional Counselors. Chantilly, VA.
- Pease-Carter, C. (2013, August). Clinical and cultural education for community providers: Treating veterans and family members. Workshop presented in collaboration with Wounded Warrior Project, San Antonio, TX.
- Pease-Carter, C., & Robertson, L. (2011, November). Final goodbyes: Companioning clients and families at the end of life. Session presented at the Texas Counseling Association Professional Growth Conference, Fort Worth, TX.
- Pease-Carter, C., & Hensley, J. (2011, November). Military Tragedy: Becoming a family advocate in the face of combat death. Session presented at the Texas Counseling Association Professional Growth Conference, Fort Worth, TX.
- I enjoy creating delicious concoctions in the kitchen, perusing quaint bookstores, drinking decaf iced caramel macchiatos, reading in my hammock listening to the wind in my trees, and chatting on the phone with loved ones who live too far away. Favorite place in the world is anywhere with Tank, my retired therapy dog, who decided early into his career he would rather play fetch, chew on sticks, and lounge on a couch than be therapeutic. Negotiations continue for him to return to work. I also share my life with a spunky golden retriever, Red, and two cats, Maven and Lexi, who are obsessed with the dogs and shed way too much.