Visiting Assistant Professor
Mailing Address: Department of Counseling, Box 7406, WFU, Winston-Salem, NC 27109
Office Phone: 336-758-2321
Faculty Member at Wake Forest University since July 2021
Ph.D. in Rehabilitation Counseling and Rehabilitation Counselor Education, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, 2021
M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Georgia School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University of Atlanta, 2012
B.A. in Clinical Psychology and Psychology of Addictions, Indiana University – Purdue University of Indianapolis, 2010
Social justice, multicultural competencies, neuropsychiatric and psychosocial response, intricacies of counseling service outlooks amongst various populations, program assessment and evaluation.
Dr. Stackhouse has a clinical background which includes work within various clinical settings, inclusive of incarceration facilities, medical and psychiatric infirmaries, emergency departments of hospitals and crisis stabilization units, and private practice. She has experience working with a variety of clinical mental health concerns, including mental illness, medically complex diseases underlying psychiatric or substance use issues, behavior adjustment disorders inclusive of suicidality and comorbid diagnoses.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor of North Carolina
- Licensed Professional Counselor of Georgia
- Certified Dialectical Behavioral Therapist
- Board Certified Telehealth Provider
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certified
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Project Development Associate, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA Grant), 2020.
- Research Assistant, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR Grant), 2018-2019.
- Graduate Research Reviewer, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, Chemical, Biological and Bioengineering Department, 2018-2019.
- Administrator, Gwinnett County Detention Center, Georgia Re-entry Intervention Program (GRIP), 2012-2018.
- Representative, Summit League Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), 2008-2009
Recent Presentations (selected):
- Stackhouse, F. (2020, May). Examining microaggressions experienced by Black athletes. Presentation for the International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry (ICQI). Champaign, IL.
- Stackhouse, F. (2020, April). Effects of microaggressions on Black athlete identities. Presentation for the Social Justice in Sport & Exercise Psychology Symposium (SJSEP). Knoxville, TN.
- Kim, T., Brooks, M., & Stackhouse, F. (2020, April). Moderating effects of social connectedness on demands of immigration, future anxiety and life satisfaction; Presentation for the American Educational Research Association (AERA). San Diego, CA.
- Stackhouse, F., Pepper, M., (2019, July). Deviant racism: Consequences as Black athletes. Presentation for the Counseling and Therapy Summit. Nashville, TN.
- Stackhouse, F. (2019, May). Deviant racism: Consequences as Black athletes. Presentation for the National Association of Multicultural Rehabilitation Concerns (NAMRC). Atlanta, GA.
- Berger, M., Battle, T., Pepper, M., & Stackhouse, F. (2019, October). HBCU study abroad programs: The lived experiences of doctoral counseling students. Presentation for the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES). Seattle, WA.
- Stackhouse, F. (2010, April). Happiness and sleep quality effects on everyday living: Indiana University-Purdue University of Indianapolis. Presentation for IUPUI Student Research and Engagement. Indianapolis, IN.
Recent Publications (selected):
- Kim, T., Brooks, M., & Stackhouse, F. (2021). Discrimination, Social Connectedness, and Future Anxiety of First-Generation Korean Americans. Journal of Asia Pacific Counseling.
- Stackhouse, F., (2021). Assessing Racial Microaggression Awareness and Perfectionism Among Black Collegiate Athletes Following a Counselor-Led Webinar. ProQuest.
Current Writing Activities (selected):
- Stackhouse, F. (2021). Multiplicity of Professional Identity: Auto-ethnography and Study Abroad Experience Across Borders as an HBCU Doctoral Student in Counselor Education. Qualitative manuscript.
- Stackhouse, F., Kim, T. (2021). Factors Affecting Dissertation Outcomes of CACREP-Accredited Counseling Programs Amid Covid-19: A Path Analysis. Quantitative manuscript.
Enjoys spending time with family, music and exercise.
- Dr. Erin Binkley
- Dr. Robert Casares
- Dr. Tammy Cashwell
- Dr. Philip Clarke
- Dr. Jamie E. Crockett
- Dr. Nikki Elston
- Dr. Carla Emerson
- Dr. Isabel C. Farrell
- Dr. Allison Forti
- Dr. Michelle Ghoston
- Dr. Sam Gladding
- Dr. Amy L. Grybush
- Dr. Seth Hayden
- Dr. Nathaniel Ivers
- Dr. David Johnson
- Dr. Bob Nations
- Dr. Sarah Moore
- Dr. Jennifer Rogers
- Louise Schatz
- Dr. Mark Scholl
- Dr. Kenneth Simington
- Dr. Farren Stackhouse
- Dr. Jose Villalba
- Dr. Brittany E. Wyche