Associate Director of Online Counseling Programs
Office Phone: 336-758-8625
Mailing Address: Department of Counseling, PO Box 7406, WFU, Winston-Salem, NC 27109
Member of Wake Forest faculty since 2011
- DMin in Marriage and Family Counseling, Eastern Baptist
- Theological Seminary
- MDiv, Duke Divinity School, Duke University
- BA in History, Duke University
Research and Special Interests:
- Integrating Spirituality and Counseling, Premarital Counseling, Couples and Family Counseling, Group Counseling, Coaching Clergy, and Consulting Religious Organizations in Transition
- Pastoral Care and Counseling as a United Methodist Pastor
- Director of Religious Services, Charter Mandela Hospital, Winston-Salem, NC
- Director of Counseling and Congregational Care, Centenary United Methodist Church, Winston-Salem, NC
Professional Licensure and Memberships (selected):
- American Counseling Association
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Group Psychotherapy Association
- Association of Clinical Pastoral Education
- Carolinas Group Psychotherapy Society
- International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors
- The International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Transitional Intentional Interim Ministry Specialist
- Church Transformational Team Member, Plowpoint Ministry
- National Association for Church Business Administrators Annual Conferences: Right Brain and Left Brain People in Ministry: Collusion or Collision. Part 1 in 2010 and part 2 in 2011.
- NCAMFT Conference, 2009, Effective Couples Assessment Using Pre-marriage and Couples Inventories.
- Wake Forest University, Professional Community Workshop, 2006, Spiritual Issues in Counseling: Applying Attachment Theory in Understanding Spirituality and Psychotherapy.
- NCAMFT Conference,2006, Spiritual Issues in Couples Therapy: Applying Attachment Theory in Understanding Spirituality and Psychotherapy with couples.
I enjoy spending time with my wife, Diane. I always look forward to seeing my two adult daughters, Laura and Rosemary. I am often on FaceTime with my granddaughter, Emaline. Other than the love of being with my family, I am a big fan of ACC football and basketball. Reading, listening to music, hiking, and tracking animals (only shoot them with a camera!) in the wild are a few of my guilty pleasures.